Government contracts are unique, and subject to rules, regulations, and requirements not typically found on private contracts.
For instance, Service Contract Act
(SCA / SCLS) contracts have a required minimum wage, plus Health
& Welfare, Vacation, and Holiday schedule requirements. Contract
employees can be inherited (link to Displaced Workers), which
makes their relationship with the employer, and their mindset about
the job itself, different from other employees. Davis Bacon Act
(DBA / DBRA) contracts have a required wage and fringe component
that differs significantly from SCA /SCLS contracts. Certified
payroll reports are required, and every hour (link to
AR.com/5things) stands on its own.
The processes put in place to manage
various contract requirements are paramount to success in the
government arena. Performance, the handling of subs, and
communication with the Contracting Officer will determine future
contracting opportunities. WorkerServices is a tool that government
contractors can use in the administration of these company processes.
Some of the items that have been posted
for access on WorkerServices include:
- New employee onboarding documents and forms, especially for newly inherited SCA/SLCS employees
- Employee benefit program policy forms and documents, to include items for Health, Life and other types of Insurance, Retirement Plan forms and notices, and Paid Time Off policies, among others
- Company policies and procedures
- Training videos and records
- Safety (OSHA) programs
- Wage determinations
- Tax and withholding fillable forms
- Licenses and certifications
- Employee notices
- Employment Applications
- Background check forms
WorkerServices is a communication tool
that spans distances when face to face isn’t possible, with the
flexibility to allow each company to use as it best sees fit.